Thursday, October 9, 2008

I've Been ROBBED!!!!




I had planned to save my ranting and raving for what I was gonna call "Furious Fridays" but I couldn't wait. Am I the only one pissed that the government bailed out the banking community to the tune of $700 Billion Dollars while not setting perimeters to keep the CEO's who got their respective companies in such dire straits from cashing in?

In other words WHY IN THE HELL is Richard S. Fuld, CEO of Lehman Brothers walking away with $500 MILLION DOLLARS, (his payout), after bankrupting a company that's been around for over 100 years????? Okay, so according to him the number is actually a little less than $250 MILLION DOLLARS. WTF!!!!! If that ain't the Heist of the century, I don't know what is!

Don't get me wrong I could care less about Lehman Brothers as a company after all it was started by cotton brokers, (we all know who picked the cotton they were brokering), and went on to lead the pack in sub-prime/prime mortgages, (this casted a larger net but we all know who got caught up in this mess), while relying on the "Repo" or repurchasing market to continue their big payday. In other words the founders brokered a product made off the backs of slaves, the company evolved into giving folk mortgages on houses they couldn't afford so they could eventually "Repo" and resale the property thus making a handsome ransom. So, let me just go on record as saying I could give less than two scratches on my dogs AZZ about the company but I sure as heck wonder how many other CEO's are enjoying substantial benefits now that they have the security of $700 BILLION U.S. dollars to keep them afloat. I hope you know that U.S. doesn't mean United States it means US, because we tax payers will be paying for it! That means we've made sure Mr. Fuld's $20 Million dollar NY apartment and his $15 Million dollar Florida Estate won't be "Repo'd". Do you think he'll invite us over for dinner? After all we helped save them!



~d-the-VIP

No comments: