Friday, January 23, 2009

Does a Paycheck cover a Dream?



This week my company laid-off a lot of people, I was one of the "casualties". My first reaction was relief! I hadn't enjoyed my job for years but I enjoyed my fellow employees and the security of a steady paycheck with benefits. I had talked about moving and pursuing my dream career for sometime now but had not made one step toward that goal. I had become complacent just like the "Lifers", the "lifers" were the folks who had been at my job for years but their eyes shone with their boredom. They didn't love the job anymore they just loved a steady paycheck! Unknowingly, I had become a lifer! So on the eve of my release I could be angry and sulk over the choices the company made or I could see my release as the blessing it is and walk through the door of opportunity that had just been opened. Willy Jolly a world renowned speaker says "a Setback is a Set-up for a comeback". My friend Karen always says that things happen in "Divine Order". By all accounts this was a Divine event. At the beginning of the year I said I would stop "Holding the purse". I have. Hello Opportunity!!!

~d-the-VIP

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder what the excuse would have been for them to fire us all if the economy wasn't the way it is.