Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Have you left a ripple in the pond of Life?


Last Saturday, I met a young lady in her early 30's, who radiated a refinement born of her rich Nigerian Heritage, she was a high-powered New York finance executive with a fabulous Manhattan apartment. She had all the accouterments of success. We were talking about her move to South Africa, a move that would take her close to her homeland yet provide her with a new adventure. Today she died. A seemingly healthy young lady with everything to live for is no longer. And all I can wonder is if she knew happiness. I mean true happiness, the kind that comes from knowing ones self and being comfortable with "The man in the mirror". Living life to the fullest, with no regrets. Touching the people that you love and know in a way that is meaningful and beneficial to you both. I know she's never going to get married, never going to have children, never going to get to move to South Africa. But was she happy? Had she lead the life she wanted to lead? Did she leave the the legacy that she wanted to leave. Did she leave a ripple in the pond of life? Tomorrow is not guaranteed. If your number is picked tomorrow have you left a ripple in the pond of life?
~d-the-VIP

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Every day I try to leave that ripple. I don't know if N was really happy, but I know she was searching, and I thought her move to Africa would be where she would find herself. So sad.